Marin County's Current Status
Marin FC’s Return to Training and Competition : Starting Feb. 26, 2021
Per state and local health orders, Marin FC resumed trainings and competitions as of February 26. To maintain safety, safeguards and precautions are of our own creation, per local authorities and according to our governing leagues. The points below are the club’s most critical aspects of returning safely to the fields. Beyond these, we rely on our coaches to exercise care and caution in all situations whether predicted by these guidelines or not.
- No use of closed fields or facilities shall occur either by coaches or players. Players shall not carpool to or from trainings with members of other households. Players shall wear masks as required by current health orders before and after trainings or games.
- Players are not required to attend if they have health or safety concerns.
- Prior to attending any sessions, players are to self assess for fever or other symptoms. Any player detecting a temperature in excess of 100.4° shall not attend.
- Coaches and players are expected to wear Marin FC gear. Players should bring their training shirt and both game jerseys for use if necessary. Players shall wear their club neck gaiters at all times and use them as face coverings wherever social distancing is not possible.
- Coaches shall spray disinfectant on each player’s hands and take player's temperature with the provided touchless thermometers at arrival to the field, and then proceed to coach or monitor from a socially distant position at all other times. Coaches shall wear face coverings.
- Any balls or other equipment provided for use by the coach, shall be disinfected before and after use. If cones or other field equipment is utilized, it should only be handled by the coach.
- Parents may not enter the field or group during the sessions. They should be encouraged to maintain precautions and social distancing if remaining nearby or with other parents.
- Goalkeepers may use their hands using gloves when training in goal, and train as field players at all other times.
In the event a contact trace materializes that potentially effects our players, teams, coaches, or other members, the following safety protocols are to be followed.
B. In the event a club member tests positive
Should a Marin FC player, coach or assistant coach test positive …
- the person shall self quarantine for a minimum of two weeks, or ...
- the person shall not return to on-field trainings until three days symptom free following a negative test.
- the person’s training pod shall be notified that “a player (or coach)” has tested positive
- the person’s training pod shall suspend on-field trainings for a minimum of two weeks
C. In the event a club member has contact with a tested positive person
Should a Marin FC player, coach, or assistant coach come into contact with a known positive tested person …
- the club member shall self-quarantine for a minimum of two weeks, or ...
- the club member shall not return to on-field trainings until three days symptom free following a negative test or two weeks symptom and contact free.
- the club member’s training pod shall be notified that “a player (or coach)” has been in contact with a positive tested person
- should the club member remain in contact with the positive tested person(s), eg. a member of their household, the club member shall not return to on-field trainings until both the club member and the positively tested person both are three days symptom free following a negative test.